...GOT ME CHANGING MY EXPRESSION, I DON'T EXPRESS
So these are the days of blog famine that i've been hearing about. I have not had the desire to blog since last friday. And though that isn't a remarkably long time on the scale of remarkably long times, it feels weird to be absolutely without motivation to write. But here's the kicker, i still expect my favorite bloggers to be blogging lol. Nerve right? Anyway, there are a few things worth mentioning, and as the spirit hit me this morning, i forced out this tripe below:
One:
the amazing events of Tuesday November 4th. You heard about that...didn't you? Oh, well there is just teensy historic thing of the fact that there is now a black president elect of the United States. Its surreal. I'm incredulous. Its like that scene with luke and yoda on dagobah:
luke: [after yoda uses the force to rescue his submersed x-wing] i don't...i don't believe it...
Yoda: That is why you fail.
Now hopefully i'm not doomed to a life of failure, but wow. just wow.
Two:
The dress crisis is averted, i now have a decent garment to wear, it fits well - as long as i don't eat, breathe or make any sudden movements - (hello wardrobe malfunction!), so that is a load off. Thank you all for your suggestions, and for holding my (electronic) hand while i suffered through my plight. lol. Don't let go yet though, there is still the issue of hair(did i hear a chorus of groans??? lol). Stay tuned.
Three:
Its November. The eleventh month of the year. I can't believe how fast 2008 is flying. I feel like i need to do something to rein it in and stop time from moving so fast but, ...how do you catch a wave and pin it down? © the nuns on sound of music. Remember back in july when i promised i wouldn't mention age or the aging process for a month? Ok, im sure you don't remember because yall don't be paying attention and thats okay but the fact remains that i was good on my promise. Its been a good four months since i talked about anything pertaining to age. All that to say is that all bets are off, its time to start bemoaning the passage of time and youth once more.
Four:
The new lebron james commercial. If you haven't seen it - which isn't likely as im usually the last to see things - please watch the youtube clip below. As much as i hate to admit it, dude is funny. He has that subtle sense of humor that i dig, his comedic timing on point. In fact the title of this blog is from that commercial (1:50), i've been saying it for a few days at random moments. "That and don't pump fake me now." Speaking of youth, how is it that is only 23 years old? Isn't that a crime or something? I remember the days when all sports stars were older than i was. And now, well i'm older than a whole lot of them. < /decrepit>
7 comments:
FINALLY... I was suffering from Snippets withdrawl. Good to see you back. :)
I feel you regarding being older than most sports stars. They were making a big deal out of Kobe turning 30... that crushed me.
As a Wizard's fan LeBron is my sworn mortal enemy. That said, I like his commercials. There is another one where he does the Kid & Play dance that kills me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSbhap4R-ho
I'm with jazzbrew..no love for King James..NONE! Wizards4Liiiiiife!!!
@ jazzbrew
wha? you mean my drivel was missed? *sally fields* lol :)
and ugh yes, kobe is a journeyman now. that galls me. like how can someone my age be considered a team veteran??? its all too much!
@ rashad
I'm not a fan of the lebron either though its not because im a wizards fan like you and jazzbrew. sixers all day baby!
(sidenote: is it bad that I still want to call them the bullets after all this time?)
It is not bad at all Lex..in fact some folks in DC do it too
congrats on the dress front! and you have great hair...awesome hair...so the hair part should be a piece of cake.
Sorry, I can't comment on the Lebron commercial. I made a vow years ago to not subject myself to anything basketball/football related...I cave in only once a year--superbowl.
that lebron commercial is hilarious... NIke is a marketing genuis and they have really made a brand around him that works and appeals to the masses
hi eb!
Nike really is excellent at marketing. They must hire the best and the brightest. All of their commercials turn into movements.
Post a Comment