@ RANDOM
- The vernal equinox has come and gone, meaning that spring has sprung!
- Bruce Willis is a southpaw. He is now added to my ever growing list of celebrities with that most delicious of afflictions: left-handedness. (where my southpaws at? stand up!) He also just tied the knot with a woman 24 years his jr. She is thirty, and he is 54. Um... does this mean i had a chance with him? Its like when Chris Rock was hosting the VMAs and he commented on Jermaine Dupri dating Janet -miss jackson if you're nasty - "I had a chance!" LOL. But yes, i've had a crush on Bruce since his moonlighting David Addison days. The age difference is a bit to vast for me though. What do people with that many years between discuss? Speaking of talking - Demi and Ashton were invited to the wedding. Talk about blended family. I would love to be at one of their get togethers, i'm sure the conversations are quite interesting, to say the least.
- I'm a new aunt. :-) I don't think i have even mentioned that my sister was pregnant but she was, and the new bundle of joy is here. He's a boy, he's a doll, and he's my very first nephew. Actually he's my first anything. My sister is the only one of my siblings to have kids (so far). After seeing and holding him, i can definitely say i want one of my own. Props to my sister who delivered him sans any drugs. I am in awe of her right now. Childbirth is worse than the Spanish inquisition. (and nobody expects the spanish inquistion!) Word life.
- Speaking of childbirth and things of that nature, um.. I did not know you could induce lactation... like without being pregnant. WTF? Oh the exciting things you learn while talking about childbirth and childrearing. Anyway..so is that what chick in hand that rocks the cradle was doing?
- My grandmom played me twice this evening.
1.) - asking me whether or not i had an iPhone. When i said no, she's all: "but don't you have one of those fancy phones?" So when i told her that it was pretty fancy but its not an iPhone - its a Treo - i got the audio equivalent of a blank stare. "Oh i was hoping you had an iPhone." I won't even get into her reaction when she discovered i no longer had an iPod but a Zune. "Oh. What's that?" I could tell she was dissapointed with my not abiding by the current digital comme il faut. I totally lost major cool points with my bubbie tonight. lol. What does she want to know about ipods and iphones anyway? Grandmom better not be buying herself one...LOL.
2.) - Ever since my sister got married (and now that she has gone and had a bebe) My sweet grandmom has been on me hard about, you know, wtf i'm doing. So tonight, after she plays me for not having either one of Steve Jobs favorite chew toys, she decides to humiliate me further by mentioning (again) my status. I ran into one of her friend's sons at the supermarket over the weekend, and apparently he's been asking about me. Great. Now she's on a mission to make a love connection. "He's a really nice boy..." she asserts. "Not saying you have to be with him, but if you did he would be a good choice... just something to think about..." Oh grandmom...
- My favorite movie of all time (well one of them) is 70 years old this year. That movie is Gone With the Wind. You gotta see it to understand my passion for it. I used to ask folks to watch it with me, but they would beg off. (its too long, too boring, too racist...blah blah blah) After suffering such rejection, I realize that its probably one of those movies i will always watch alone, although i see a benefit in this, as i can cry unabashedly at some of the more moving scenes. This is what i did tonight. I'm still wiping tears actually. lol. *sniffle* Its funny, the first time i saw it, i was rooting for Ashley and Scarlett. But when i got old and came to my senses... Rhett all the way. I mean really. Pity that Scarlett didn't realize until it was too late. (yes, i know these are fictional characters.)
How do you go from this:
To this:
One of the best endings of any movie, EVER. Better than casablanca (yeah i said it) It gets me every time. I never fail to cry when i see this scene.
Scarlett: (tears) "I only know that i love you."
Rhett: "That's your misfortune."
Dang dude... cut a girl a break. Sometimes we don't get it until...
Well i'm about to get all personal so i'll end my reverie now. But yeah Gone With the Wind. If youre into explosions and the frenetic pace of movies au courant, then this may not be the film for you. But if you can handle a slower pace, wonderful dialogue, and a rousing score? It doesn't get much better. Run Tell Dat.
Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring (Sacrificial Dance) Chicago Symphony Orchestra

6 comments:
um, hello hottie -- lookin good on that couch :-) I know this is random, but from one Rhett Butler lover to another *swoon* I have to tell you a secret about him. He had halitosis. I know, the horror! I still love him though...even if I can't stand less than a foot away from him without tapping into my hold-your-breath reflexes. He's hot regardless...so that's all I really wanted to say.
First off, props to you for recognizing the greatness of left handers. I am one as is your president, so respect it son. Second, I've yet to see Gone with the Wind, is it really good?
and how dare you drop that juicy nugget about lactation with giving a 10 crack commandments type breakdown on how its done?
ack! not halitosis! I refuse to believe! lol
but you're a Rhett Butler lover too? Gurrrl. I think Margaret Mitchell took every sexy/attractive/desirable male trait and put them all in his character. Fictional or not he was definitely the first man I swooned over - before I knew what swooning was! - I could not understand why Scarlett didn't get that he was so much better than Ashley. Rhett Butler was the bomb, and Clark Gable killed the role. *still refusing to believe* lol.
Left handed or not (my theory is be blessed to have hands...lol), I lubbbb me some Bruce Willis. And the love has grown as he's gotten older. I never thought I could lubb him more bald. But I do. And upon hearing of his nuptials, I too thought "hmmm, that could have been me." but then I was reminded I have a permanent tan and a ghetto booty so I'm not sure if that's Bruce's cup of tea.
Congrats on new auntie-dom. Enjoy it. Oh and just like your bubbie, I have a 7 month old goddaughter I can hook him up with. Start 'em young. hahahahahahaa
Oh and I've never seen Gone With the Wind. Love old movies, just never really sat down to watch that one.
Rashad you know I rekkunize the greatness of left handedness. Obama... Seinfeld... other famous folks that I can't recall now but we're in great company. I never notice the ladies though. I need to pay attention to my sisters in the struggle so I can give them shine too.
As far dairy-on-demand yo... I don't know all the details, but apparently you can uh... "stimulate" yourself and if you do it for long enough, milk comes in. I had no idea, but I'm thinking second job. *zing*
Janelle
Bruce is the bomb right? He seems cool too. But you may be on to something, cuz while he does have "down" tendencies -- I don't know if he's ready to handle permanent tans, and as you so eloquently stated, ghetto booty. He does look like he does have some "smack it up, flip it, rub it down" in him... so you never know. lol
Thanks for the congrats and good looks on your goddaughter. We'll set em up now to avoid all the trial and error later lol.
and i love old movies too. I'd definitely recommend it if you have around three hours to spare. (and can handle un-PCness. lol)
Post a Comment