A KIND WORD
Can work wonders for the spirit.
A friend called me beautiful today (SHUTTY) and though the veracity(truthiness?) of said statement is infinitely debatable (I SAID SHUTTY. I know yall are chomping at the bit) the fact of the matter is, it has worked wonders for my mood, which was in a deplorable state, given the weather. (And the fact that i woke up feeling exceptionally zaftig on top of having hair that wanted to exercise its right to free speech)
Anyway whats my point? Well it wasn't to brag that someone about the fact that someone was able to see past my wretched visage, but rather to encourage everybody to take a few minutes to big up someone. Don't lie (well you can lie to *me*. Tell me sweet little lies) but give sincere props to a friend, a lover, a family member. Make somebody's day with a well timed compliment.
...Well what are you standing there staring for? Do it! :-)
Erykah Badu - Today (Earth Song)
1 comments:
I gotta tell you, seeing that More You Know picture in still form is nowhere NEAR as exciting as seeing it motion..now I have to find it on youtube
Post a Comment