MUSIC IS THE POETRY OF THE AIR
-Richter
So can you feel it in the air tonight?
Ok I was supposed to list the top 10 songs every casual fan of the Beatles should know/own, but a song came up on my mp3 player during the random shuffle and i knew i had to make a slight deviation.
I don't know about you guys but there is something about a full orchestra that thrills me to pieces. I remember going to my first concert at about the age of 12, and being overcome with emotion. Sounds hokey but i'm serious. I had goosepimples and tears - and the strange thing was that i was neither sad nor scared. It was just the overwhelming sense of sound that engulfed my senses. It was at that point i begged my my mother that we would go to see the orchestra perform at least once a year - and i'm proud to say that its a tradition we've kept. And yes, I still do succumb to goosepimples and tears.
So what's my point?
Well, a few months ago i was sent this a link regarding Miguel Atwood Ferguson and his project honoring the late J Dilla - Suite For Ma Dukes. This is Miguel's orchestral interpretation of some of Dilla's most beloved tracks, and let me tell you - i never realized how beautiful hip hop could sound. It is truly a wonderful homage, and after hearing it again tonight - I had to share. If you haven't seen this yet, watch and listen. And show the youngins too. Let them know learning an instrument is never corny!
40 Piece Orchestra + Dilla. Heaven.
Miguel Atwood Ferguson and the Suite for Ma Dukes Orchestra
Miguel Atwood Ferguson and the Suite for Ma Dukes Orchestra ft Dwele - Angel
1 comments:
The first clip had me nodding my head at my deak. My dislike for Dwele won't allow me to enjoy the second one.
Post a Comment