SPRANG HAS SPRUNG
And i'm lovin it! © McDonald's
Is everyone enjoying the warm, yes HOT weather? After what has been one of the most brutal winters in (my) memory, the heat and sunshine is more than welcome. Make yourself at home welcome. In fact, I cooked breakfast and dinner for them, and i don't do that for just anyone. I barely do it for myself. In the past five days or so, i've spent as many hours as possible outdoors - just soaking in sunshine. Letting the heat radiate over me. For my pains i've gotten a bit of a desperately needed tan. I can't confidently face the world when my complexion screams "desanguinization." While i'm still not as dark as i would like, im happy with the progress. All hosiery has been packed up and put away - no more stockings/pantyhose/tights for me until the fall OR some really conservative event where bare legs are frowned upon. However, im rarely, if ever, at an event like that. Toss the nylons and pass the nair!
So lately my past few entries have been a bit... fluffy. Not that this is new for this blog - but i daresay they've been fluffier than usual. Did you notice? No? Oh.
Well there's probably a reason for the fluff, but its late and i don't feel like delving in the depths of my psyche. Actually the reason is probably very near the surface... but whatever. lol.
Anyway, when i sat down to blog this evening, my goal was to write about SOMETHING, and naturally, my mind is not cooperating. And thus, i am left with what i suppose has become this blog's vernacular - prattle.
Forgive me if it goes astray.
So what's new with me? Well, your girl (oh yes im still ON THAT lol) is still exercising her right to be the illest dilettante there ever was, (did i just refer to myself in third person?) and so far im getting decent results. I've been photographing ad nauseam with my baby and have enjoyed cultivating whatever nascent photography talent exists in my dna. I think i may have found my skill! I love having the ability to capture a moment or a feeling with the lens, with the potential of having it for posterity. For that reason, i am thinking of starting a photojournal/blog. My photog friend has one and its like the coolest thing ever. I'm also going to do a picture a day. A lot of folks are doing it, and i think its a dope idea. Nothing fancy - it doesn't even have to be taken with an "official" camera, a cameraphone will do just fine. The goal is just to take a picture.
Oooh and as i was typing just now i decided what the tagline of my blog will be!
"we'll have this moment forever, but never ever again"
Or something like that. I'll tweak it. But I think it effectively describes what a good picture does. Captures a moment that will last forever (in our memories) but will never be repeated.
And speaking of pictures, i am finally working on something i've been wanting to do forever - recreating my favorite album covers. Overall i find classic album covers a lot more visually appealing than their modern cd counterparts. What better that to pay tribute by doing a version myself? Of course, I nearly died when i saw erykah badu's honey video - because i wanted to capitalize on that idea LONG ago, unfortunately I had no one to work it out with. Well now that i do, its on and popping. Some of the covers i intend on recreating:

There are others but i won't bore you with them. I figure it will be an enjoyable personal project though.
What else?
I could talk about the eagles and their intent to destroy my life with dubious trades - but im not confident enough in my sports knowledge to wax poetic on it. Needless to say, i am flummoxed.
...
Wow, this entry has gone nowhere fast. I promise to come back with some content... soon.
But now, we rock. :-)
Stevie Wonder - Another Star
Is everyone enjoying the warm, yes HOT weather? After what has been one of the most brutal winters in (my) memory, the heat and sunshine is more than welcome. Make yourself at home welcome. In fact, I cooked breakfast and dinner for them, and i don't do that for just anyone. I barely do it for myself. In the past five days or so, i've spent as many hours as possible outdoors - just soaking in sunshine. Letting the heat radiate over me. For my pains i've gotten a bit of a desperately needed tan. I can't confidently face the world when my complexion screams "desanguinization." While i'm still not as dark as i would like, im happy with the progress. All hosiery has been packed up and put away - no more stockings/pantyhose/tights for me until the fall OR some really conservative event where bare legs are frowned upon. However, im rarely, if ever, at an event like that. Toss the nylons and pass the nair!
So lately my past few entries have been a bit... fluffy. Not that this is new for this blog - but i daresay they've been fluffier than usual. Did you notice? No? Oh.
Well there's probably a reason for the fluff, but its late and i don't feel like delving in the depths of my psyche. Actually the reason is probably very near the surface... but whatever. lol.
Anyway, when i sat down to blog this evening, my goal was to write about SOMETHING, and naturally, my mind is not cooperating. And thus, i am left with what i suppose has become this blog's vernacular - prattle.
Forgive me if it goes astray.
So what's new with me? Well, your girl (oh yes im still ON THAT lol) is still exercising her right to be the illest dilettante there ever was, (did i just refer to myself in third person?) and so far im getting decent results. I've been photographing ad nauseam with my baby and have enjoyed cultivating whatever nascent photography talent exists in my dna. I think i may have found my skill! I love having the ability to capture a moment or a feeling with the lens, with the potential of having it for posterity. For that reason, i am thinking of starting a photojournal/blog. My photog friend has one and its like the coolest thing ever. I'm also going to do a picture a day. A lot of folks are doing it, and i think its a dope idea. Nothing fancy - it doesn't even have to be taken with an "official" camera, a cameraphone will do just fine. The goal is just to take a picture.
Oooh and as i was typing just now i decided what the tagline of my blog will be!
"we'll have this moment forever, but never ever again"
Or something like that. I'll tweak it. But I think it effectively describes what a good picture does. Captures a moment that will last forever (in our memories) but will never be repeated.
And speaking of pictures, i am finally working on something i've been wanting to do forever - recreating my favorite album covers. Overall i find classic album covers a lot more visually appealing than their modern cd counterparts. What better that to pay tribute by doing a version myself? Of course, I nearly died when i saw erykah badu's honey video - because i wanted to capitalize on that idea LONG ago, unfortunately I had no one to work it out with. Well now that i do, its on and popping. Some of the covers i intend on recreating:
Terry Callier - What color is love
Minnie Riperton - Perfect Angel

There are others but i won't bore you with them. I figure it will be an enjoyable personal project though.
What else?
I could talk about the eagles and their intent to destroy my life with dubious trades - but im not confident enough in my sports knowledge to wax poetic on it. Needless to say, i am flummoxed.
...
Wow, this entry has gone nowhere fast. I promise to come back with some content... soon.
But now, we rock. :-)
Stevie Wonder - Another Star
5 comments:
Other covers you should recreate:
Off the Wall
Anything Grace Jones
Anything Ohio Players
Low End Theory
and the arrival of spring has been upstaged by the premature arrival of summer. I dont like it.
yessir! everything you named, -except low end theory - is on the short list. I don't know how I didn't think of tribe! It is now added though.
And off the wall is like one of the first ones I plan to reproduce! The full length picture, you know, where you can see his socks and shoes. love that one. I need to finish the wardrobe though - so far all I have is the bowtie, and the hair. lol
Besides the pollen kicking my hindparts, I am LOVING THIS WEATHER!!!!!
And I can't wait to see these pics. Oooh you should do Whitney Houston eponymous album cover. That is an amazingly creative idea. I've wanted to delve into the world behind the camera but haven't invested into that create outlet of my soul just yet.
Oh check your formspring :)
Janelle i am feeling real bad for people with allergies right now. I heard that so far its one of the worst allergy seasons on record, so i know folks are suffering. Actually my sinuses have been feeling heavy and i've been sneezing so i may have allergies too. lol. I just convince myself i don't and keep it moving. Hopefully my symptoms will go away.
Is the whitney houston album cover your referring to the one where she's wearing a toga or something? lol. i can't remember. (i'll google after this.) If so thanks for the suggestion! love that!... i am def gonna put up pics as they are done. (hopefully i don't look crazy. lol)
and get behind the lens girl! its addictive. A writer/photog is a killer combo :-)
Sprung is the word.
Post a Comment