Monday, February 4, 2008

I ALWAYS KNEW I'D NEVER BE FAMOUS...

Because there are no videos documenting me as a youngin'.

You ever notice that all famous people have video recordings of them when they were little kids? It doesn't matter if they were children in the 1980s or in the 1910s. The video exists. I'm watching Docs on these old singers and actors and i'm like "it was the great depression...who the heck had the money and time to record ray charles plucking a piano???" All these rappers and sangers who grew up penniless? Doesn't matter. There is some kind of motion picture featuring them doing...whatever.

So this entry was really gonna be about my weekend, which was pretty awesome. But as usual, i got sidetracked by my own mental sidebars. Sad.

Speaking of sidebars, i'm blogging with a face smothered in vaseline. The things we do for beauty. What??? I know yall know petroleum jelly is a great moisturizer. I slather this on at night, wakeup in the morning and wash it off. I highly recommend.

Don't do this with your good pillowcases though. Unless you like greasy silhouettes imprinted on them.

Oh yeah for added moisture i also do an oatmeal mask. its gross and disgusting and i totally like to threaten folks with a kiss when im wearing it. Its great.

But yeah where was I? My weekend.

My fam had a little thing for my uncle who just got married(more like eloped) and to formally introduce the bride to us my richie rich grandma threw an impromptu reception for him(remind me to get in her good graces lol). About a hundred people. It was nice. I tried out my red lipstick which was a hit. Unfortunately i eat lipstick so about an hour into the thing it was all but gone. :( My grandma decided to have a pig there(we eatz pork in our fam) so she went down to the italian market and ordered a whole pig for the guests. lol it was interesting. Seeing it almost made me wanna go vegetarian. Almost. I had to snap a picture though.


Wilbur? Noooooo!

What else.

I know i've gone on diatribes about hipsters, but i kinda want some huge glasses. Not cazals though. But the kind my mom rocked back when i was little. Pearle by Pearle vision. I'm trippin i know. But i think that'd be hot. I dunno. I'm just trying to edge up my look a little. Plus I look cute in glasses. Despite the fact that i don't need them. 20/20 vision here baby! Does that make me a poseur because i wear them simply for the look? Don't answer that.

I finally ventured into American Apparel this past weekend. Hated it! That store
is an exercise in ugly. From the sickening lighting, to the brightly colored clothes, the austere accoutrements and the nausea-inducing music. I felt like a total idiot. I wanted to do a grandpa simpson as soon as i walked in but...i chilled. © I didn't want to judge to quickly. Unfortunately my first impression remained unchanged as i browsed the aisles. Some things were cute. But...they just weren't me. Tons of lycra and spandex and other synthetics. Lots of unisex fashion. I dunno. Everything was very trendy.They had cute t-shirts though. I bought one. And i bought a pair of socks. Other than that, i just felt very unhip and had to apply 40 ccs of jcrew to get rid of the icky. But at least the American Apparel spell was broken. Their guerilla marketing almost made me got nutzo and order the whole collection online. Phew!

2 comments:

£

Ok their may just be video w/ me in it. Back in the day my aunt had this technophile boyfriend who had a video camera. On occasion when i'd go over to her house to play with my cousins, he'd be there and and if he had the camera he'd record us(after we'd beg and beg him to) doing a dance or something. I wonder if the video(s) still exist. Tapes were expensive back then, and he probably recorded over us with the quickness. Hater.

Oh snap! there's also one time me and my girlfriends made up our own mini-movie for some project my girl G had to do for school. We were some chicks from the wrong side of the tracks trying to make it in the music biz(natch.) The rousing finale featured us winning a dance/singing battle - where we cut a rug and lip synched to Bobby B's every little step. Her dad taped us(another technophile - he had a CD player back in like 1981 did and the ill commodore) so maybe that tape is still lurking around somewhere. I need to ask her. Hm. If it still exists maybe my dreams of fame and fortune and hot dates with Pharrell will still be realized.

rashad

I like how you leave comments(which are really addendums) in your blog. That's gold. And remember in the movie Philadelphia, after Tom Hanks' character died, and they played video of him when he was a little kid? I always thought that was sad and sweet at the same time

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP