IT'S GHASTLY OUT
There's a gruesome mix of snow, sleet, and rain falling down outside, which makes driving a nightmare, and walking a precarious endeavor.
Boo.
I mean really. Will it hurry up and be spring already?
Who hath wrought this evil down upon us? I'm guessing its the homie Rashad, with all his snow globe fantasies and winter wonderland wishes. :(
(just kidding R!) ;)
But yeah, this entry was intended to be about kitchens. I just got sidetracked because im hearing the sleet hit up against my window and its vexing me.
So yeah whenever I watch HGTV(which is often) i always come away inspired and ready to do house stuff. HGTV is a menace like that.
Kinda like when I watch food network and all of a sudden i'm ready to cook a three course meal with all of the fixins AND a side of the works. Tell me i'm not alone?
I'm easily swayed.
Currently I'm remodeling my kitchen and the labors of hercules could not have been more...laborious.
It takes a lot of time, effort and $$$, none of which i have a lot to spare. All of these factors make it slow going.
Fortunately I have the basics down, Stainless steel fridge, SS Stove(Gas), and SS Dishwasher. Granite countertops.
Its nice for a work in progress i guess.
I'm at a loss as to what else should be done now though. But i know as far as appliances that thats enough stainless steel. Don't you think? All that stainless steel can make a kitchen feel cold, and that is not the aim. I dont want the kitchen looking like the Medical examiners office. How can I warm it up?
IMO the best kitchens have a nice mixture of modern amenities, with old school charm.
Like, i'm a fan of the state-of-the-art Viking with a billion burners - but i'd i LOVE one of these:
Old stoves are the hotness. Unfortunately I'm not the only one who thinks so, which means they are terribly expensive.
Sidebar: My Grandmom had a stove quite similar to this. In one of those "Grandma! why???" moments, she threw it away. No one knows the reason, it was in perfect condition. Things that make you go "hmm."
A moen is nice, but I like the the vintage-y feel of an apron sink. Unfortunately the sink i want is totally not in the budget. One day though.
I like this kitchen:
Save for the white cabinetry, this is the look i'm going for. Not down to the letter, but, you know. You see the apron sink?
This one as well. The darker cabinets are more my speed. and the granite countertops are closer in color to what i already have. The flooring is nice, but since I have hardwood, I won't be tiling my floor.
::if you still want to read more about kitchens click here::
4 comments:
That last kitchen you linked is absolutely beautiful. Can a straight man say that?
You can warm up the kitchen with the paint color you choose and the color pattern you may choose for your back splash (if you choose a backsplash). I met a guy who's an architect (I think or something like that) and his one piece of free advice was choose a warm but light color like a buttercreme for the kitchen. Its warm, but still "airy". Dark wall colors do not inspire cooking or eating. Those were his words not mine. LOL
And yes, that last kitchen is HOT!!! I would cook all day in that kitchen!
Rashad ain't nothing heaumeaux abt thinking that kitchen is a beaut. It just shows that you're a man of refined and discerning tastes.
Janelle thank you! I was thinking the along the same lines as far as buttercreme is concerned. But i like color and i was thinking a nice red too. Although not garish. I read that red inspires hunger or something like that.
anyway, if i get my kitchen to looking anything remotely like the one pictured i'll be cooking in there all day too! :)
Post a Comment