when worlds collide
i was talking to my friend tonight, and he's like "yeah my coworker requested to be my friend on myspace" and hes all distressed and whatnot cuz he wants to deny her, but then that'll make office life weird
which brings me to the question:
how is it that your coworkers are running up on your myspace/facebook/blogs???
um what in the sam hill??
i mean i understand that the internet is not private really and we are all leaving electronic footprints everytime we plug in to the matrix(sorry for the cheesy reference but it was so apropos here) so if a person is crazy enough and has the right tools, all of our info can be found -
BUT
folks have got to do a better job of hiding themselves - of course that assuming they want to be hidden.
like for instance:
the coworkers that do get my personal email address? They don't have the one that's connected to myspacedotcom(i dont want marsha from accounting dropping by and saying hello)
and for frivolous things like myspace and other meaningless internet timewasters i DO NOT put my full name, just my initials. or maybe your initials.(IM KIDDING)
not that you have to be all cloak and dagger-ish, because for some people it really doesnt matter and thats fine
but if you are the type to get freaked out at the idea of various people in your life getting glimpses, or indeed, birdseye views of your internet persona, remember this:
People do searches all the time, and itsoweezee if they have your name and/or email address. Its not that serious for me, i really have nothing to hide - but ill be a monkey's uncle before i have the director of IT asking me to be his myspace friend. Because you know he totally has a myspace page. And there are some lines that should never be crossed.
i found out recently that my aunt has a myspace page, and seriously? I've been doing everything i can to avoid her finding my page, and vice versa. Not that i dont love her, or her band, but...i really dont want that part of my life colliding with this part of my life. Ever hear of this little thing called fission? Yeah. If my worlds collided, lets just say my entire existence would explode in the awesome beauty of a mushroom cloud.
2 comments:
Man, I am convinced my intern found my blog online, which is why he won't return my emails. I type nothing on this blog that I cannot defend, and definitely nothing to be ashamed of, because I am well aware of the footprints. by the way lex, if I looked behind me, how many pairs of footprints would I see exactly?
lol you think? That would explain a lot. Nosy Intern.
I think if you looked back, you would see the tread of your intern. So don't look back Rashad...nevAr look back.
Post a Comment