FREAKY FRIDAY
Actually there is nothing really freaky about today, but the two words just roll off the tongue so beautifully don't ya think?
This is more of a random thought type of thing so stroll with me as i wander down ADD lane.
Bobby Fischer, the chess champ died. He was only 64. I'm too young to remember him in his glory days(thank goodness) But his name has reached such cult-like status, that i can't recall not being aware of him. I don't know why he died so young....was he sick? But my heart goes out to his family. Wherever they may be.
Speaking of chess, i brought my lil bro a chess set from mexico that was hand carved out of some kind of Mexican wood. Probably pine or something. Anyway thinking about chess has made me remember that not a week after i presented it to him, he had lost a few rooks. And pawns. Boo. I could have kept the chess set for myself, because i do play chess, and a Mexican chess set made of Knotty Pine would look so good on my coffee table right now. Oooh im starting to get agitated all over again.
Cloverfield comes out today, and I think i want to go see it. Its getting great reviews, and im in the mood for a good scare. I think. I'm a punk so i gotta be careful of my terror intake. Actually there are two movies I want to see, cloverfield and there will be blood. Movies are so darned expensive though. Seriously, after you pay your 10 bucks for 2 hours worth of 35mm - all you're left with is a memory. And a ticket stub. And sticky soled shoes. Everytime I go to a movie, even if its a REALLY good one, i think, "this 10-15 dollars could have been spent on something more constructive." Like the latest issue of Harpers and a Big Mac meal. What?? We all have our vices! :(
Speaking of constructive, I want a Wii. Now. I mean its 250 dollars, but if you divide that by the replay value, thats just pennies a day. It'll pay for itself in like a week. Im justifying like a mug.
For the past two days i've slacked on my workouts and right now i'm feeling all kinds of zaftig. I know im imagining it, but i think i can sense my fat cells expanding back to their normal size. Yup...there goes another one. I definitely felt that. Ugh. I'm gonna work out extra hard to combat this.
American Apparel is a menace. They have ads and pop-ups on darn near every website i visit, and slowly im succombing to their insidious wiles. I'm about to order one of their body hugging, synthetic fabric having- teeny bopper demographic-ing tops. I need a sitz bath after typing that and im appalled @ my lack of self control, but what can i say, the internet be powerful.
Speaking of the powerful internet, these pictures surfaced today - and depending on your work environment they may or may not be safe. Of course thats just for work. But i give a huge NSW for your soul. These are disturbing to say the least. Very Disturbing. I blogged about britney before, and it seems she's gotten worse since then. There is no way a sane, or emotionally sound woman would allow that to be visible. Of course, accidents happen, and if it was on the back of her skirt i could understand. But we are seeing her panties. Which we don't need to see in the first place. This is just wrong. And sad.
4 comments:
I'm going to see 27 Dresses or Mad Money tonight. Everyone I'm going with has already seen The Great Debaters so even though this is MY BIRTHDAY WEEK, I'm seeing one of these.
Mr Fischer died of kidney failure. And I want to see Cloverfield, but I cannot take a pg13 movie seriously man. Is that wrong?
Miss Black River which movie did you see and how was it?
Rashad i hear you with the PG13 thing, but lately the PG13s are running neck and neck with R. At least from what i've seen. Just fewer ta-tas. And the F word is like only dropped once.
Post a Comment