Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I WANT SOME POMMES FRITES

And not from McDonalds either. Although they'll do in a pinch.

I want the kind my abuela makes. Freshly peeled(never from frozen) potato, sliced to just the right thickness and fried to the perfect shade of golden.

Yessss. Thats what i want. I could eat a plate of those all to myself, no question. With a dash of salt and a ton of fresh cracked pepper.

Of course, i could make them myself, but certain things always taste better when someone else makes it. This being one of those things. Another being hotdogs. Hotdogs always taste gooder from someone else's kitchen. Gross when cooked in one's own.

Anyway. Enough of the fatty gurl talk.

My boy invited me to his Superbowl party, and I wish i hadn't said yes. Normally i wouldn't have any qualms with changing my mind @ the last minute, but i'm trying to turn over a new leaf and make good on my word. I said i would be there, so imma be there. I think. Ugh. Oh Em Gee! I'm so anti-social! lol

You know what cracks me up and make me want to "wag my finger" though? People who stay wanting to have shindigs at their place of residence, but then want everybody to chip in to make it all come together. Not two minutes after saying i would definitely be in attendance, the text is sent out "what do you think you'll be able to bring?"

um.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem in assisting my host/hostess with food/drink/utensils/whatever. My problem is in the asking. Whenever i have something, all i want is for my guests to be there. Bring yourself, and i'll do the rest. If you bring something fine and thank you. If not, thats equally ok. Just sit back and enjoy yourself. Call me bourgie or stuck up or whatever but i can't get down with inviting folx to the crib and then demanding that they bring something.
Its one of those things thats just wrong. Like walking around the house nude. Or making sweet love to Mike Tyson.

Now to be fair, he didn't demand. But its obvious that its kinda mandatory that people bring grub else there'll be a lack of foodstuffs.

So I'm like well "what should i bring?" And the response is "It doesn't matter."

Ok.

Dude. Help me out here. Mess around and i'll bring a Costco sized box of brawny napkins.

*Sigh*

So not only do i have to make myself go to this thing, I also have to bring something. And...i'm not sure what. Finger foods rule @ superbowl parties, but then again i've been to some where its like a whole spread layed out. I could go the "no thought required" soda and beer route, but thats a tad gauche for my taste. Thats more like what a dude would bring.

Shoot. All i wanna do is watch the game you know?

Speaking of which, the jury is still out on who i'm rooting for. The giants are in our division(our being the eagles) Which would normally presuppose me rooting against them. But New England really annoys me, so i'm tempted to root against them. More than tempted actually. Hm. The Giants ARE the underdogs. I have a thing for the underdog. And Eli Manning. (Don't ask.) Well if there is anything this blog accomplished, its that I know the team i'm cheering against. Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

rashad

Just bring liquor you can't go wrong. And you have to root for the Giants man..that Tom Brady is way too smug

Miss Black River

Take a nice warm dip and some tortilla chips/ pita chips. If you don't have time to make one you can just buy one, put it in a casserole dish, garnish with paprika or some green herbs and you're set.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP