I get geeked at the most random things. Well this is not that random, but still. Anyway, i was doing my usual post luncherie surfing to combat the desire to sleep, and i decide to youtube some salsa. Well i came across this couple making it do what it do, and i was watching them, mouth agape, when i realized: hey...i'm just as good, if not better than they are! I've come a long way from my first lesson, where my lack of rhythm betrayed my skin color and my two left feet confused all who thought i was anatomically correct.
So this couple is just amateurs, dancing for fun, but boy do they look good. (check for the ill spin at :17 i can do that too! :D lol)
i'm waaaaaaaaaay amateur on this. the time i should have been practicing w/ the dudes @ my college was instead spent hating the whole experience. i did, however, cut a bit of an ill rug @ my bday party last year. we went to bembe in hipsterlandia (aka williamsburg, bklyn) and had a blast.
i heart around the way salseros way more than the "pros," but that's just me...
i took lessons for 2 months last year, life got in the way so i stopped but this post along with watching El Cantante this weekend has hyped me up to start back again. I forgot how much i loved it..thanks lex
@ sparkle i'm girl u know it. i am such an amateur! I think im decent until i get around folks who have been doing it since birth and then i realize how far i have to go. but look @ you cutting a rug, girl you're probably the bomb and just being modest. i c u!
@ asabi i've been wanting to see el cantante for the longest. Was it good? And no prob on the reminder :) Its great that so many people love to dance. I find that its a fantastic stress buster.
6 comments:
Back in 2000, I took salsa lessons for a good 3 months. happy hour was from 6-7, and dancing was from 7-9. so i was lit and dancing...good times!
well! you officially rock my friend. Do you still go salsa-ing on occasion? I'm alway impressed with men who don't balk at the idea of dancing.
sadly, i haven't salsa-ed in 7 years...i've lost my mojo
i'm waaaaaaaaaay amateur on this. the time i should have been practicing w/ the dudes @ my college was instead spent hating the whole experience. i did, however, cut a bit of an ill rug @ my bday party last year. we went to bembe in hipsterlandia (aka williamsburg, bklyn) and had a blast.
i heart around the way salseros way more than the "pros," but that's just me...
i took lessons for 2 months last year, life got in the way so i stopped but this post along with watching El Cantante this weekend has hyped me up to start back again. I forgot how much i loved it..thanks lex
@ sparkle i'm girl u know it. i am such an amateur! I think im decent until i get around folks who have been doing it since birth and then i realize how far i have to go. but look @ you cutting a rug, girl you're probably the bomb and just being modest. i c u!
@ asabi i've been wanting to see el cantante for the longest. Was it good? And no prob on the reminder :) Its great that so many people love to dance. I find that its a fantastic stress buster.
Post a Comment