Friday, August 1, 2008

DIA DE LOS MUERTOS

The first lucid thought i had upon awakening this morning?

"I'm glad i don't shave."

I had one of the worst nights of my life last night, sleep wise. I rocked out about quarter to twelve, and woke up about an hour/ hour and a half later, completely awake, but not refreshed. You know when you wake up but you feel all trembly and disoriented and stuff? That was me. It was a bizarre amalgam of restlessness and lethargy. Neither of them gave way to the other, so i sat up bleary eyed, and watching the clock tick tock its way through the night.

I finally dozed off again, around 5 but by then it was just about time to get up to begin another day.

A day that thankfully didn't begin with the act of shaving. That would require too much thought and effort, and don't need blades around me when i'm in such vulnerable state. That kind of concentration would largely be at odds with the stupor that began this morning, and yea, has extended until this very moment. Of course my underarms are teetering dangerously close to granola but a shirt with long sleeves solves that problem. If you're a guy you gotta shave, unless you're trying to go mountain man, or you're a dude sporting that K.M.D.

I'm so tired yo. lol. I probably shouldn't even be blogging. Given my extreme ketosis(oh the drama), i reckon i won't make much sense.

...forgive me if it goes astray ©

Sidenote: Don't you love it when people come over to you like:

"are you tired?" "you look tired."

Folks always trying to be the barometer of someones energy level.

do you really think i didn't notice the steamer trunks underneath my OWN eyes?? Haters.

Two people said this to me today, with mock empathy. What they were really thinking was "hoe, you busted!" Its ok though. I appraised myself in the mirror and knew that i was rocking that "death destroyer of worlds" look. I comforted myself with the thought that if there was to be a crowning of miss netherworld today, i'd surely win!

:/

Anyway i was wondering today - during the coherent moments that peppered my catatonia - like...how long am i going to be on "the web". Will i still be blogging at 45? Will my myspace, facebook (or whatever is the new new)still be poppin? Can you outgrow the the internets? I think its permanent. Like my parents generation with telephones. My great great grandmother thought they were unnecessary and newfangled, and until the day she died, when she needed to use the phone she'd walk to her next door neighbors house, and make an awkward phone call. (Believe it or not placing a call requires a certain finesse.) However my mom's generation grew up with phones and can't imagine life without them.

Speaking of aversions, my mom is the same way with email that my great great grandmom was with phones. I've set her up with THREE personal email accts that she refuses to use. And because of their disuse they are either deactivated, or she forgets her login or password. And when she needs email, she tells folks to send it to my address. SMH.

Anyway, i think thats what the internet is gonna be too. An expected medium of communication. I'll probably never "log off." :/ Whatchall think? Yalls aim screennames gonna be rappingranny4u2nv and poppopfrumuptheblock1979?

3 comments:

rashad

I asked myself would i be blogging at 45 too..and my answer was, hopefully not for free

Papier Girl

i've actually never thought of whether or not I'll be blogging at 45 or not...but I do think "Will I still be blogging next year?"

asabi

my inner technogeek wont ever let me unplug. my new obsession is twitter.com. its kinda like stalking..but with permission.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP