Sunday, December 2, 2007

MY HULA HOOP QUEST

I WANT A HULA HOOP AND WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO GET IT.

I recall it being so much fun, and being fairly good at it. I vowed that the next time i set foot in a toy store i would purchase one. However, at this point in time, it has proven to be a fruitless pursuit.

Toys R Us...NOPE.
KB Toys...NOPE.

Is hula-hooping out now? Too simple of a toy? It seems ridic that a TOY STORE wouldn't have them.

No biggie...i'll check the big discount store chains. DENIED.

Walmart doesn't have them
Target doesn't have them

I put fam and friends on alert, saying that if they come across a hoop in their travails, they are to buy it on sight, no questions. I will love them forever and possibly put them in my will if they do.

Decided to go to Ebay to see if i could find one and all they had were exercise hoops. Im sorry, but i'm not paying 35 dollars for what is essentially a weighted hula hoop.

Eventually my hula hunt has led me to the manufacturers of said hoop - WHAMO. Whamo does not sell them on their site, but gives links to sites that do. Which led me to
this.

With shipping and handling my total will come to about 36 dollars. I'm not to keen on spending almost 40 bucks just so i can wiggle my hips around, but my inability to find one has made my desire for it almost unbearable. I WANT MY HOOP. So...i'm gonna mull this over, and probably wind up buying it. Unless i can convince someone to get it for me as a gift.

Lessee...who owes me a favor...?

4 comments:

rashad

You should try to look in a dollar store, I've seen them in there before.

£

you know what? the dollar store has been suggested to me and i've never seen one the stores i frequent.

maybe the ones ive been to are too bogus and not hip enough

but you say you've seen one? hm. don't make me put you on alert as well :)

tia

i think hula hoops might be seasonal. because in the summer you can find them at the grocery store even.

£

tia, you may be right, but i wasn't really checking for it in the summer so i prolly missed the hula hoop extravaganza. I'll keep my eye out for em at the markets though cuz it shouldn't be this hard. thx :)

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP