OY VEY
I woke up this morning and there were four things wrong:
1. It was 5:15
2. It was freezing.
3. There was snow on the ground
4. My left eye looked like it had gone 15 rounds in a title fight.
Not a good way to start the day.
First of all, i didn't need to get up until approximately 6:15. I had awakened a whole hour before needed. I lay there for about 10 minutes trying to coax myself back to sleep, to no avail. Finally I got up and did something i rarely do, make breakfast. I ate my breakfast, drank my tea, and by the time i finished all that, well i was starting to feel sleepy again. Natch.
Going to wash up, i walked past the medicine cabinet mirror and felt like my face looked a little weird. When i leaned in closer for further inspection, i realized that indeed my face did look bizarre and it wasn't my imagination. My left eyelid had swollen to about twice its normal size. I vaguely remember rubbing/scratching my eye last night in my sleep, little did i know how grotesque it would look this morning. Don't know if something bit me, or its a sty - alls i know is that its freaking me out.
I was glad for the sun this morning, it gave me an excuse to wear my sunglasses on the drive and hide the serious wonk i got going on. Of course when i take em off people are gonna be all like;
"gurl please. i didn't even notice."
But, people are liars. Or...perhaps you mean i look like i have down's syndrome all the time? I'm noid i know.
And then, though we didn't get much snow, it was enough to be a nuisance. Not only a nuisance, but i had to make the choice between form or function fashion-wise, and i hate that. Which way did i go? Well all i'll say about that is that i was soooo glad when the car finally warmed up enough to provide heat. :)
Don't think i'm crazy. I wanted to dress warm,but the fates were agin' me. I couldn't find my warm shearling boots, so i had to wear my bummy chuck taylors. Not cute. My feet were freezing as i scraped the car off. The wool turtleneck i wanted to wear had a spot on it, so no go. I mean it was just a complete comedy of errors this morning.
Anyway this morning has me all types of surly and its not even 10 yet. Its gonna be a long day i can tell.
1 comments:
I find that an eye patch is the perfect accessory for those bad eye days.
Post a Comment