DIVISION OF MY JOY
Don't you wanna lay here?
Once upon a time i was quite nonchalant regarding j*davey. The more folks hyped them up, the more determined i was not to join the frenzy. Don't ask why, thats the just the way i be. But then i listened to some tracks on my brother's ipod thingie and now i'm a fan. I'll admit its an acquired taste, but once the taste is acquired you can't get enough. At least i can't.
For the past hour and a half its been anything but joy. i've been looking for an outfit to wear to my brother's graduation. Yup that's right. My younger brother is graduating from high school tomorrow(i still can't believe it) and i'll be attending his graduation. I'm so proud of him.
So of course this means i need to find something to wear. Unfortunately the "finding" has become a journey a self discovery AND self hate, as everything in my closet has missed the mark of approval. My room is awash in a sea of clothes and shoes. Oooh wasn't that poetic?
First it was a dilemma of what type of clothing to wear. Should i rock pants? Jeans? The ceremony is in the morning, and outdoors. I probably could get away with jeans, but i'm old-school. Some occasions require more formal gear, and a graduation is one of them. But it is only a graduation. Not to mention its in the elements, so i don't want to be too dressy. Finally I decided a bright summery dress and some cute sandals would do the trick.
...
Um where are all my bright summery dresses and cute sandals? Wait, who was i kidding? My wardrobe is a palette of muted earth tones. i didn't really start rocking bright colors until last year. And that didn't include dresses of a tropical hue. So where in the world did i think i was going to get a brightly colored dress? Oh...thats right. The imaginary closet in my mind. The one full of designer threads and louboutins. I've mistaken my closet for joan clayton's.
I close the imaginary closet door and start looking through my clothes realistically. I have a ton of dresses, but none of them is what i want. And most of them are a boring black. *sigh* I have LBDs for days. Ugh. i really didn't want to wear black, but being that that is all i have i begin trying them on to see if any will rock my world. I knew i should have bought something new. But i called myself being adult by saving money and rocking something i already have. Adults are dumb.
With each article of clothing i'm getting more and more frustrated. Not to mention my body is dissolving into a mound of fat. When did i become so rotund? Where did all these rolls come from? Probably from the dinner rolls i've been stuffing myself with every night. Ugh.
Well at this point i've narrowed it down to two dresses, both black. Obvi. One is a shift that makes me look like a box, and the other has a retro look, with a full skirt that makes me look really hippy. In other words they both suck. I'm not even gonna decide on which one of the two until tomorrow when its go time. Pressure bust pipes.
At this point i'm just taking a break from all the decision making to blog. My sounding board has been tuned me out(grr), so its just me and you. Don't worry 'bout michael or johnny. Thank goodness for j*davey which has been the soothing soundtrack to my self imposed delirium. Oh yes, its been on repeat for the full hour and a half. (I'm too lazy to find something else to listen to lol)
I know you're probably thinking, "um its only a graduation and not even your graduation. Relax."
I say to you, i know this. But this is how i do. Love me, or leave me alone.
J*Davey Division of joy
3 comments:
what are lbds? i'm lost son
my bad Rashad...LBDs stands for "little black dresses"
you need to read more marie claire and glamour and vogue son!
*waving back - Hey Lex* LOL
this is the 2nd post I've read about j*davey...I guess I need to get up on it and see what this movement is about.
Make the imaginary closet a reality...they're are killer sales out there...just bought a very cute turquoise long halter sundress for 20 bucks!!! I want to live in it thus making my cost per wear ratio a mere pennies!!! hahahahahahaha
Post a Comment