Monday, November 19, 2007

24 YEARS LATER

...and this album cover STILL weirds me out.


It was part of my dad's extensive record collection, and I would stare at it with equal parts horror and fascination. The dangling ear? The doggy biscuit? The cloud? What did it all mean? What COULD it all mean?

I think the disembodied ear freaked me out the most.

I guess the cover artist was attempting to do a dali-esque type of symbolism. Or something. Whatever his or her aim, it made no sense in my youthful mind. All i knew was that it gave me the creeps. For years i would avoid looking at it...it disturbed me that much. Only album cover that made me feel that way.

Wait lemme stop. There's that pigmeat markham LP.

That freaked me out too. But for different reasons. I'll tell that story another time perhaps.

1 comments:

rashad

You know what creeped me out as a teenager? This Jane's Addiction video for that song, "Caught Stealing". The creepiest video I've ever seen

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP