MIXED BAG
(c) Richie Havens.
I went on my myspace today for the first time in - what? Over a month?. I had a few notes, and there were a few bulletins but thats about it. I spent like an hour looking at other people's pages though. Myspace has a bog-like quality that can't be denied. The more you navigate and wiggle around, clicking on pictures of friends and friends of friends, the more deeply ensconced you become. Before you know it, you're drowning in its meaningless and muddy embrace. Its best just to stay still and float on the surface. Makes it easier to extricate yourself.
Hm. I think my whole myspace as quicksand metaphor got lost in the sauce but whatever.
Some folks have been trying to get me to do the Facebook thing and really, i don't think that i need that in my life right now. Myspace is addictive enough, facebook would just take me over the top. I mean i might...but i shouldn't.
Not to mention...i keep getting email updates for my friendster acct - which i can honestly say, I opened up - annnd haven't been back to my "page" since that day. In like 04.In case you were suffering with lack of sleep for not knowing with Xtina's pregnant belly looked like, de-puff your eyes and name yourself rip van winkle as you'll be getting your slumber tonight. Marie Claire's january issue will have Mrs. Dirrrty as their covergirl, and she's graciously allowing us to see her in all of her fecund glory. I guess we're supposed to care.
Snoop Dogg once again proves why he is king with his latest offering; Sensual Seduction. It was filmed in 1979 and just released in 2008. Just kidding. He's a fool and everything, but all i can say is: "Where do i sign up?"
1 comments:
Snoop is a damn fool. And I am willing to bet you Lex, that you didn't add the word ensconced to your lexicon, until you heard George Costanza use it.
Post a Comment