Wednesday, November 21, 2007

YOU SEE HOW PICKY I AM ABOUT MY SHOES...(AND THEY ONLY GO ON MY FEET)

Talking to my grandmom(et tu granny?) on the phone and what starts off a a lighthearted conversation turns into a quiz about my love life(or lack thereof).

"When you getting married Alexis?"


[inaudible sigh] "I don't know grandmom...eventually."


"are you in a relationship now?

"um..."


"Well you can't wait forever you know."

"I know."

"What about -"


"No.
"

Have you talked to -"


"No."

"What about that nice looking young man with the fancy sports car -"


[laughter] "grandmom! that was 4 years ago and, no."

"I'm not trying to pressure you baby, I just want you to be happy"

"I know grandmom. And I am."

"You are?"

"um Yes...?" Well sheesh grandmom. You got me questioning my own happiness now lol.

And so it goes with well meaning grandparents, earnest family members, and nosey friends. Everybody wants to know:

"whats up with you and - "

Or, "why don't you just - "


My Dad's buddy: "You're too pretty to not be married"

ME: "Thanks?"

( I guess that was a compliment,but i mean what if i was ugly? it'd be understandable? Or that pretty girls *MUST* be attached?)

The thing is, while i am totally content with my current state, I do indeed expect to be married one day, with children even.(the magic 8 ball doesn't lie right?) However, I'm not in any rush to make one man mine. I've always been completely laid back when it came to relationships, and i see no need for change now.

Check back with me at 40. I may get desperate and be willing to sacrifice my pride for a sperm donor.

Now how to tell my grandmom that...

4 comments:

rashad

As long as you and your beau are content, that's all that matters. And you should tell granny that you're happy, although that won't fly either i suspect

£

man...if i had a beau i think she'd be relieved...somewhat

but to be single ready to mingle at the age i am is a completely foreign concept to her.

i don't even mention male friends i have to her because she's always trying to ferret out if they are BF/Marriage material

:(

Jazzbrew

Take your time with the marriage thing. Don't be like some people who rush to get married when they don't even know what they like in a spouse let alone who they are as a person. They wake one morning and wonder -- how the hell did I end up here? What am I doing? Then they spend the rest of their life trying to get answers to the above questions but they really can't because they've already jumped the broom.

This is YOUR blog... isn't it?

£

indeed jazzbrew! thats exactly how i feel. and who cares that its my blog? speak ur thoughts man! surrs one of the best things abt blogging is getting feedback from people. i love reading the insights of others. i mean i get to hear my thoughts all the time. boring! Its nice to see what other people think (especially when they agree with me lol)

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP