Thursday, October 16, 2008

I WRITE THE BEST BLOGS WHEN I'M IN THE SHOWER

...I guess. Kind of.

It never fails. My "best" work happens when i'm nowhere near a keyboard or any other writing instrument.(pens and pencils - remember them?) Pulitzer prize winning-newberry award worthy(madeleine l'engle watch out!)- new york times bestseller blogs. One time i swear i wrote the great american novel during a particularly intense mall excursion. All in my head mind you, but that thing was good.

Tonight, during my workout i had tons of thoughts just flying through my head, thoughts i wanted to jot down, flesh out and maybe publish for anyone else who may want to read.

But now as i sit here, bathed in the liquid crystal glow, i find myself suffering from an all too familiar malady:

I have nothing to say.

3 comments:

Jazzbrew

"But now as i sit here, bathed in the liquid crystal glow..."

That was beautiful.

Papier Girl

I'm sooo with you. I have the best thoughts when I'm going for walks or riding the subway, and I carry my little note pad with me at all times, so that I can jot down what comes to mind. But I'm guessing that doesn't work in the gym, shower, or when you're washing dishes or making an omelette.

£

@jazzbrew (or should i say eric?) thanks! :)

@chubbs - great idea! because i do carry my moleskine with me @ all times - maybe i should make better use of it. I forget that i have it. I can be like hemingway! :)

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist H' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP