IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU SHOULD'VE PUT A RING ON IT
BGK has released two tracks from her new album "I Am". I find them to be wack, plus they suck. That particular line is the refrain from "single ladies." I heard it this morning, and since then that one line has been repeating over and over in my head all day. Since 10 A.M. Yep, so pretty much forever. Brutal and annoying, to say the least. Of course Beyonce's songs have a way of growing on me so i know it won't be long before i assimilate with the groove and embark on the shameless delight that is shaking my money maker. Beat me daddy eight to the bar and all that jazz. It'll be the redux of the get me bodied extravaganza of '07. Pat your weave ladies.
Anyway, I kind of wanted to get all verbose and wax poetic on how i feel about the sentiment of said song, but i'm not feeling exceptionally pithy tonight, perhaps another time.
Meanwhile i'll leave you with this because i'm a psycho and couldn't resist :P
(don't judge me harshly please! For some odd reason this both validates and ameliorates. i c u laughing @ me chubbs!)
9 comments:
The use of "zephyr" in your recent entry definitely put you over top. LOL.
Of course you realize if your level continues to rise many of us will no longer be able to read your blog without a dictionary and a pocket protector.
I joke but I give you major props. Work it out single lady.
jazzbrew lol i'm not taking any of this seriously HONEST. Actually i'm sure there's some (not so)complicated matrix for determining the "educational level". but you know, i'm determined to never look behind the curtain.
thanks for the props though :)
I know you are not taking it seriously but it's fun to watch. Neither of us need to see a web banner to know you are highly intelligent woman.
By the way... I just ran my site through it again and got an Elementary School rating. What the hell?? I am regressing.
Stoopid program.
aww jazzbrew i'm blushing! :)
and a BOO plus a HISS - how did it give you elementary status? WACK! please. your site is definitely more than that. speaking of which, i read your last journal entry. good stuff. that rant was *whew* tell em how you feel! funk the haterz yo!
p.s. i'll be reminding you of your commitment!
p.p.s i used to play trumpet!
p.p.p.s i sucked.
I remember reading that you played a wind instrument on Chubb's blog but I didn’t know it was trumpet! That is VERY cool. Whether you sucked or not isn’t important. You understand how hard it is to make this piece of twisted metal sound good. As much as I love it I sometimes wish I picked something less demanding.
Thanks for reading my journal and the support. I appreciate it.
yeah at one point i was taking trumpet and flute lessons.(much to the chagrin of my parents lol) but the trumpet proved to be my moby dick. try as i might...i just couldn't catch "it" if that makes any sense.
so finally i put my dreams of being a trumpeter to rest, and focused on flute, which is and has been my first love. it was a way better fit, i'm much more woodwind than brass. lol anyway i've been on it ever since elementary school.
but fa' sho i can understand the skill required to make a trumpet sound melodic and not just like noise. and might i add i am quite impressed! you're really good! hopefully you'll put recordings up again! :)
Music is really about finding your voice and it sounds like the flute is yours. I started on trumpet but my new love is flugelhorn. It is the same key as trumpet, same fingerings but has a much more mellow sound (less of an edge) that fits well with my style.
Flute is under used in jazz and I've always loved the sound of it. If you're looking for a good album check out Bill Taylor with Four Flutes. I know one of the players is Herbie Mann (and maybe Frank Wess). It’s great stuff. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.
A nerd AND a musician... no wonder I love your blog so much. You understand me. LOL.
oh no doubt :) you're more of a musician than i am though. :/
and flugelhorn? kewl. you'll be the next chuck mangione!
its so true that the flute is underused in jazz. i only know of one jazz flu/flautist - bobbi humphrey, and i love her. anyway i will be def be checking for bill taylor with the four flutes. sounds fantastic!
Post a Comment