8 THINGS
So, I was tagged to take this survey by a fellow blogger and e-homegirl chubbs (can i call you that? have i level jumped? lol) And here are my responses. I must add - coming up with the eight things for each section was harder than i thought it would be. A few times my mind went completely blank, and i had to employ an ancient zen meditation method to get it functioning again. Well not really, but it was definitely an exercise. A lot of fun too. Thanks chubbs!
8 Things I am Passionate About
1. La Familia. The kinfolk has alternately given me the best of times, and the worst of times. And oftentimes we are full of more drama than the VC Andrews trash i read as a youngin.(oooh dawn married her brother! But wait...it wasn't her brother after all! Scandal! )But, when it comes down to it, i wouldn't trade them for the world.
2. Star Wars. What can i say? I love it. Even better when an SO likes it too. I mean, he doesn't have to be the stan that i am - but if you can appreciate it then thats wunderbar! Don't get me wrong, im not one of those fanboys that dress like wookies and go to conventions. But i do love it. Boy...do i love it.
3. Reading. When i was younger id devour 3-4 nice sized tomes in a week. As an adult, not so much. My free time is usually allocated to other things. But the love of the written word remains. Its my favorite pastime. I still buy books like theyre going out of style. One day i'll catch up with my current inventory.
4. Dancing. One of my best girlfriends put me on to salsa a few years back, and i've been hooked ever since. I've done lessons, gone to salsa parties, congress - the whole 9. It surprised me, because its one of the few "non bluestocking" things i've attempted that im actually good @. This sounds so cheesy, but when i do it - i feel very much alive.
5. Learning. I love learning new things. I love being around people that can teach me new these new things. Be it something really deep, or something whimsical and silly(i STILL can't whistle!). If I didnt know it before, and you have put me on...well i'm forever in your debt.
6. Clothes. Need I elaborate? I've got a closet bursting at the seams and my drawers are insufficient for the sheer volume. And yet...i still don't have enough. And now with the internet...:/
7. Philadelphia. This is my city. I love it and hate it and everything in between. if you want to talk bad about it, then put your dukes up.
8. Eyebrows. Specifically? Mine. Not specifically? Yours. A badly plucked eyebrow can destroy an otherwise pretty face, as an artfully styled one can tone down fug. My mother was the first person to do my brows back when i was 15, and i've been an eyebrow connoisseur ever since. Btw, Im not sure if this is something im passionate about, or just obsessive. There is such a thin line sometimes.
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. See the Pyramids.
2. Road Trip! I want to drive across country @ least once. Take my time getting from here to there by sight seeing along the way. Get my kicks on route 66 and all that. Come with?
3. Complete my family tree. I know this is like saying become a trillionaire, because a complete family tree would mean id be tracing it back to Adam, which is impossible. But when you aim for the stars you land on a cloud right? Or...something like that. Anyway, alls im saying is i would love to take my family beyond where i have it now, which is like early 1700s. Im @ this brick wall and its driving me crazy.
4. Become a trillionaire.
5. Make a quilt. My grandmom makes the most beautiful quilts - a skill passed down from her mother and her mothers mother...and so on. I have dropped the baton, and become a true modern lunkhead, my talent with a needle and thread shamefully lacking. But quilts are just as much pieces of art as they are useful. I intend to to my grandma proud, and sew my own.
6. Visit the Keck Observatory. How better to see the stars and planets and distant galaxies than viewing them through the lenses of one of the most powerful telescopes in the world?
7. See the Redwoods at the Redwood National forest. I guess this would be the tail end of my cross country road trip. Im amped to see these majestic trees in person. Oooh the sequoia's too.
8. Get Married. Is this an obvi response? I was trying to think of something exciting and funny, but i decided to just keep it real.
8 Things I Say Too Often
1. Get over it.
2. I don't know.
3. Whatever.
4. Are you ready for some football? (i say this in random moments often as a total non sequitur. try it sometime. Its hilarious...until its annoying.)
5. Griiiiiits (see above.)
6. omg i hate people!
7. im buggin
8. thats gay
8 Books I Have Read Lately
1. Guns Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond
2. Gone with the Wind - Margaret Mitchell(I usually read this 3 -4 times a year)
3. Godel Escher Bach -Douglas Hofstatder
4. A world lit only by Fire - William Manchester
5. Our Oriental Heritage - Will Durant
6. Going Nucular [sic] - Geoff Nunberg
7. Understanding Physics - Isaac Asimov
8. Italian Secretary - Caleb Carr
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over Again
1. Don't Disturb this Groove - The System
2. Whats Going On - Marvin Gaye
3. All this love - Debarge
4. Never Stop - Brand New Heavies
5. Luchini - Camp Lo
6. Zoom - Commodores
7. Perfect Angel - Minnie Riperton
8. Nappy Head - War
8 Things That Attract Me To My Friends
1. Great sense of humor
2. Kind/generous spirit
3. Selfless
4. Sarcasm - mo' raillery fo' you an' me!
5. Intelligence. Duh. :)
6. Cold goin stupid (what good are friends if you can't be silly with them?)
8. Common interests
7. They like me.
2 comments:
Omg...Don't Disturb This Groove used to be my song!!! Haven't heard that in so long. And I'm with you the eyebrow thing...I used to get mine waxed once a week, and about 4 months ago, i actually learned how to tweeze. I'm 30 years old, and i'm just learning how to tweeze, but i must say, i'm pretty darn good.
Anyhoo...really good list...thanks for doing the survey. I bet u learned something about yourself, eh?
Nicely done...Chubbs has inspired quite a revolution here with these lists. I just did mines(yes mines) today.
Post a Comment