KILLING ME SOFTLY
"I had always found it easy to express myself lucidly...It was when it came to my emotions that i was a novice."
I stumbled across this quote while doing some reading this evening, and it struck a chord within me. Was the author describing me? Obvi not, but still. Maybe this is why i can be so vexing. I haven't learned to convey my emotions properly. My neophyte tendencies reign supreme when it comes to "asuntos del corazon".
But everyday is a new day for growth yes?
And, enough about my love life. Though we can talk about yours if you'd like ;)
I made a pot of chicken soup, and let me tell you - it was slammin! I still haven't completely recovered from whatever it was that was ailing me, so i made a tureen filling pot of soup from scratch(even the stock) and it turned out fantastic. I have a feeling ima be eating off of it for a few days though.
We lose an hour of sleep this weekend, as we all become victims of William Willet's brainchild(with a touch of Ben Franklin): Daylight-saving time*. Now i understand the logistics of it, and appreciate it when its warm and the summer indolence sets in. But that initial Monday is a doozy. In fact, i am anticipating all of next week to be off.
My hair needs some attention, desperately. I planned on doing it tonight, but the thought of washing, drying, and subsequent blowing out is tying my stomach in knots. My hair is thick and pretty long and doing all that is such an ordeal sometimes.
Happy friday and have a great weekend!
*factoid: The official spelling is Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight SavingS Time.
Saving as it is used in DST is a verbal adjective (a participle). It modifies time and tells us more about its quality and how it is demonstrated by the activity of saving daylight. Saving is used in the same way as saving a ball game, rather than as a savings account.
However, most folks feel the word savings has a more melodic feel, and flows better off the tongue.
4 comments:
I thought of Dwight Schrute when you said factoid.
I'd like to give William Willett a good swift kick right about now. The only good thing about Daylight Saving(s) Time is that all the clocks in my house that I hadn't set back when we "fell" back...are finally showing the correct time. I'm like that person who never takes down her Christmas lights, but then when Christmas rolls around again--I delight in not having to put them up.
Rashad...all i can say is :/
btw whats the deal with dwight mercy killing angela's cat?? lol
chubbs, don't i know it. I've been sluggish since sunday. Its only an hour but it makes a big diff.
and ditto on not setting the clocks lol my microwave, oven, and watch all have the correct time because i never set them back in the first place lol
there is method to our madness. :)
Post a Comment